Monday, January 9, 2012

Revenue office changes in the New Year

Shaun Shabazz did a great job running the Revenue Division while I was on military leave over the past year.  She conducted successful tax billings during the second installment of 2010 and both installments of 2011.  Shaun also managed a highly effective delinquent collections process that resulted in no homes having to be at a tax sale while simultaneously achieving a very high real estate property tax collection rate!
Thank you, Shaun!
Holly Jackson served as a revenue clerk in the office for the year, and she did a great job as well.  Her smiling face and warm presence won accolades from customers and co-workers alike.  We are saddened to see her leave our little office, but are glad that she’s still here in City Hall working in the Development Department now.

Lastly, I’d like to thank the City of Decatur and my supervisor, assistant city manager Andrea Arnold, for their support for my deployment and facilitating my re-entry to civilian life here.  I’m looking forward to getting reacquainted with the public throughout the New Year!

1 comment: