Friday, September 3, 2010

Changes in the Revenue Division

Please join me in congratulating Shaun Shabazz who will serve as Revenue Manager while I’m away from the office on an extended basis. Shaun has been working for the City of Decatur since 1991, and for the tax office since 1996. Shaun has been the Senior Revenue Officer here for four years, and the person who I always relied on the most.

Shaun Shabazz

Shaun has a great smile & laugh, which is why I'm a little embarrassed that the only recent photo I had of her when I prepared this post was from the day of our tax sale in August when nobody was happy!

Anyway, Shaun and I have been working for several weeks to ensure as smooth a changeover as possible, and I am grateful to city management for supporting this transition. Nobody could do a better job than Shaun will do in her new role. Congratulations, Shaun!

Also, after a very competitive hiring process, Holly Jackson is joining the Revenue Division as our new, temporary full-time revenue clerk. Holly is a Decatur resident, a former teller with Wachovia locally, and she is the mother of one Decatur High School graduate and of another child who is still in the City of Decatur school system. We are fortunate to gain somebody with Holly’s financial and customer service background—welcome, Holly!

Holly Jackson